Friday, January 18, 2008

Welcome

So a year ago, because I suck so bad I failed to write a novel in 30 days (okay, really I just almost lost my hand and couldn't write anymore), I decided that I would write a poem every day in February. So I did. 28 poems in 28 days. Which is what I was going to call this blog until a friend reminded me that this is a leap year and there are 29 days. Oops.

This year I decided to take my vision to the masses. I am inviting anyone and everyone to join me as I write 29 poems in 29 days. You can post them to your blog, send them to me to publish on here, bind them in chapbooks and sell them, read the poems at poetry readings, or hide them away in a box never to be seen again. Whatever you want, it's up to you.

I hope to organize a live reading of February poems in Cleveland Heights, Ohio sometime in April (National Poetry Month) and encourage others to do the same. We're taking this international.

Anyone willing to help out in this venture, please let me know. If there's enough interest, we'll get a real site of our own, make html badges for people to put on their blogs, and start a webring. If not, it'll just be me sitting here by myself quietly writing every day, broadcasting nowhere. sigh.


5 comments:

CHIC-HANDSOME said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Glenn Ingersoll said...

This sounds like NaPoWriMo. But sooner.

anna kiss said...

And of course it's already been done! But I started doing this all by my lonesome last February, so why not? The month is shorter.

Mama Podkayne said...

I like this idea. I'm in. Do I copy the badge or something?

anna kiss said...

I'll email you the html code for the badge. And for anyone else who's interested as well.