Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's Day Poem

look where the wind has carried us to now
we have been buffeted by breezes
so cold they sear flesh,
by currents so warm
they are breathy caresses

my face is a bit more weathered now
how is it you have only grown more handsome?

it is more than I had hoped for
this love of ours,
the depth of it

it is as if it has become a tangible thing;
embellished and marked in secret places
like private tattoos

I get lost in the nooks and crannies
the hidden rooms of it,
the spaces housing treasured memories,
the idiosychratic
the sentimental
the innocent

we are more than the journey we make
more than the fitting together two souls
adrift in time

I turn to see where I have been
and you were there
I breathe in this moment here, now,
and you are there
I set my heart free into the unknown
casting caution aside
at last,
trusting

you are...

ksaint

No comments: