Monday, February 9, 2009

Week One is Over!

Keep up the good work poets! For those who are a bit behind, no worries - there's still plenty of time to catch up. There's no rules to this gig, so you can assign poems to whatever day and we'll never know the difference. Heck, that's what I do! I'm two poems behind at the moment due to those many other February commitments and the sinking depression that all this snow has wrought, and have no fear that I yet will finish.

If you're struggling at all, I recommend a brief dance party, solo style. I lean heavily on singing old Stevie Wonder in the car or dancing to The Jackson Five (particularly I Want You Back) all alone in the late night in my living room. Even if it doesn't make the words come, it gets the blood pumping and casts a smile upon my face. There is nothing quite so good as sheer joy for no reason at all. Except maybe love and they may be one and the same. Both are also excellent subject matter for poetic endeavor.

So I encourage you, dear friend, dear poet, to dance! To shake your ass and get yourself in gear, out of these dreary winter blues, then with smiles and new commitment, write. Write with fervor and hope and triumph. Cast aside doubt and fear by writing poetry!!! Write yourself through Week Two. Do it. Do it now.

No comments: