Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Seventeen

There's a stillness in the night
And the moon is shining bright down onto me
There's a silence in the air
But a voice is hanging there calling to me

There are footprints on the coast
Of the legendary ghost lingering on
And a phantom vessel sails
To the isle under the veils, to Avalon

There's a lady on the lake
Her blood runs through my veins
A shadow of my motherland
Upon these grounds on which I stand
Oh, where is the circle?
Oh, where is the song?

There are some who say she's gone
But I know she lingers on lost in the haze
Where there's a dream, there's a way
And I will find my way back to Avalon

The starlight shines my way
As I roam about the bay, this summer sea
And the song plays in my mind
Like I'm reaching over time to destiny

For the time is drawing near
My seclusion's ending here; and there she lies
And the ancient wheel will spin
And the thickened mists will thin before my eyes

There's a greeting from the sun:
The time for change has come
With every step I wander
Gives me more of life to ponder
Oh, show me the doorway
Oh, send me a sign

When I see her glitter on
Like a jewel upon the dawn, I will be free
Where there's a dream, there's a way
And I will find my way back to Avalon

What is life without mystery?
What is time without memories?
Where do I go when I seek to go home ---
Where do I turn when the stars cease to burn?

To Avalon

No comments: